Friday, September 25, 2009

There's a reason to Celebrate!

As you know Madonna has millions of fans around the world. I am one of them. And many of those hardcore fans are super collectors of Madonna memorabilia. I am not one of them. So when Madonna releases a “Greatest Hits” CD (her 3rd one), my first thought is “why bother buying it when I have 99% of the songs that are featured on this Greatest Hits package?”.

But this time was different. I became a Madonna fan when “Ray of Light” was released and joined the M super fans when “Hung Up” made me running from club to club to dance and do the “punching in the air” choreography with my friends!! I went to my first Madonna concert last year in Athens, when she made us all Sticky & Sweet.

Why am I telling you all these? Because when Madonna marks her 25 years in the business with the release of a double CD called “Celebration” which features pretty much every song that has changed someone’s life, there is no excuse for me not to buy it!

The packaging is pretty great and it also has a small surprise in it- a mini poster of the “Celebration” cover! Plus 2 new songs in the CD, for which Madonna worked with DJs Frank E and Paul Oakenfold. But this is post is not to tell you how good (or not!)  it is, or how the re-mastered tracks sound like…

My point is:  If you’re already a Madonna fan, well you don’t need someone to persuade you to buy the CD. But if you’re not, this is a great CD to put into your playlist, simply because there is at least 1 song that will speak to your heart and will make you smile, cry, think, dance, and in the end CELEBRATE life!

-IB

(click on the thumbnails for larger image)

No comments:

Post a Comment