Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This Is America.

So Adam Lambert kissed a guy at 11 and change at night on network TV. Who the hell gives a crap?! Personally I saw it on youtube the following day before Dick Clark Productions got all crazy about their ‘rights’ (though I suspect the controversy had more to do with it being taken offline). But when i saw it online I really did think it was overtly sexual – however – not overly sexual, at least when compared to what is generally deemed okay nowadays at 11pm.  I’ve got news for you America – Sex is not Immoral. Maybe inappropriate for younger viewer (who shouldn’t be up so late), but just cause whatever nasty sex act you’re witnessing is not your cup of tea doesn’t make it immoral. I certainly don’t think it’s hot when you and your significant other do some of the crazy kinky things you do either.

Oh No! Two Dudes Kissing.

I mean for real folks, the fact that he had his hand massaging the outside of some girls vagina is actually kind of more obscene than the gay-kiss. Though I suppose there was always the mock-gayllatio.

 

Oh No! Two Girls Kiss

Ewww scream millions of straight men and Christians across America.  Well here’s a news story – Just because you think it’s gross doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t air. Trust me, there are whole networks devoted to depravity and immoral things that I disagree with and ya k now what I do? I don’t watch them. Period. And if I had kids, I wouldn’t let them watch it either – especially not at 11pm on a school night. Now I suppose there is a certain age where 11pm isn’t too young to be up that late, in which case, I think it’s probably also an appropriate time to have a talk about different people and actions sexual and otherwise – make it a learning experience for Christ’s sake.

In any case – here’s what I think it boils down to : for as much as Christian-Right/”Moral” America say that America’s moral fiber is being taken away and they are losing “their” America – they are just incredibly wrong. America has never been this moral paradigm of selfless christian devotion. It was always a farce and people are finally just doing what they have always done in public instead of hiding it inside the white picket fences – and they’re not apologizing for who they are. So get over yourselves America and let Adam Lambert sing and be the queeniest sexually outward homo he wants to be and if capitalism is allowed to work – let the masses decide whether or not what he does is appropriate. Something tells me that all these horrifying actions will only make him more popular. And if you think it’s gross or icky – too bad – here’s a video for you:

[Via http://shockleytreatment.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment